The Rockwall Adoption Center is currently hiring a full time kennel technician! Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding job in a fast paced environment? This full time position is 40 hours a week with weekends required. The position can be physically demanding and requires a positive, upbeat attitude. Job duties include but are not limited to feeding, walking, bathing pets, laundry, giving meds and cleaning dishes. Pay is $10-$14 depending on level of experience. Must have reliable transportation. After 3 months of employment you are eligible for healthcare and 401k benefits. Hours vary from 8am-5pm or 8am-6pm.
Major Job Duties
1. Maintains kennels and outside areas in a clean and sanitary manner.
2. Feeds and waters animals daily according to schedules; monitors animals in the kennels on a continuous basis for sickness, injury, or death.
3. Receives animals being delivered to the shelter by officers and/or the public. Impounds and places them within the facility according to size, sex, needs and circumstances involved in their pick up; maintains strict accountability by keeping animals with their respective records.
4. Bathes, dips, inoculates, clips, grooms, scans all animals for microchips, microchips (if needed) and provides minor first aid to the animals.
5. Handles animals, some of which may be aggressive and/or dangerous.
6. Assists the public in search of a lost pet or when seeking to adopt a new one
7. Notify Shelter Manager if kennel supplies and food are needed.
8. Recognizes signs of stress or disease in animals, and reports any sick or injured animals within the shelter/center to the Shelter Manager
9. Maintains simple to moderate written reports about animals care, health, and needs.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned and ability to work independently.
To apply, please fill out the form below.