Hiring for a Full time Kennel Technician
Major Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for the care of animals and to ensure clean and humane living conditions for all animals housed within the shelter/center. Position requires shift rotations, working weekends, occasional Sundays/holidays with a variety of shifts rotating throughout the week of 8:00 am-2:00 pm, 8:00am-4:00pm, 8:00am-5:00pm or 8:00am-6:00pm. 40 hours per week required.
Major Job Duties
1. Maintains kennels and outside areas in a clean and sanitary manner.
2. Feeds and waters animals daily according to schedules; monitors animals in the kennels on a continuous basis for sickness, injury, or death.
3. Handles animals, some of which may be aggressive and/or dangerous.
4. Assists the public in search of a lost pet or when seeking to adopt a new one
5. Notify Shelter Manager if kennel supplies and food are needed.
6. Recognizes signs of stress or disease in animals, and reports any sick or injured animals within the shelter/center to the Shelter Manager
7. Maintains simple to moderate written reports about animals’ care, health, and needs.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned and ability to work independently.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
·Knowledge of basic animal care, health, and disease.
·Good organizational and human relations skill.
Licenses, Certifications or Registrations
·Valid driver’s license. Prior to application.
·Must submit to a criminal background check to provide verification of no past felony convictions and no animal cruelty convictions.
·Work is performed in various locations, both indoors and outdoors. Exposure to heat and cold, wetness, humidity, machinery, hazards, electrical currents, smoke/dust, odors, dirt/pollen, dangerous animals, traffic hazards, and noise extremes.
Hours and Pay
·Full time (40 hrs per week)
·$12-$16/hr with Holiday and Overtime pay
Hours of operation
Open to the public:
Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm, 8:00am-5:00 pm or 8:00am-6:00 pm alternating
Sun 8:00-1:00pm or 8:00-5:00pm alternating
Closed to the public on Sundays and Major Holidays. In order to give the animal’s adequate care/attention, RAC will require staffing on holidays and Sundays.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 – $16.00 per hour
Please apply by clicking the button below.